Nationalmuseum is open to visitors and has been adapted to the Swedish Public Health Agency's regulations and the number of visitors is limited so that congestion does not occur.
All guided tours, lectures, studio activities et cetera are cancelled until further notice.
The Art Library is open for pre-booked visits. The Study Room för Drawings and Prints is closed until further notice.
Public lecture programmes and guided tours remain cancelled until further notice.
The Art Library and reading room
The Art Library and reading room are open for pre-booked visits only. The Study Room for Drawings an Prints remain closed until further notice.
What have we done in order to comply with the Swedish Public Health Agency's regulations?
To make it easier to maintain social distancing:
- We have limited the number of visitors who are allowed to be present on our premises at the same time.
- We have closed off certain areas where there is a risk of it becoming crowded, or where there are many contact surfaces.
- We strongly encourage visitors to move in the same direction inside the halls – this is in order to reduce the risk of congestion in the doorposts.
- Groups larger than five persons, including guide, will not be allowed inside the museum galleries, due to that this cause congestion.
- We have placed markings on the floor, to make it easier to keep a distance when queuing.
- We encourage all visitors to leave the lifts to those who need them most.
- The lockers on the lower ground floor can be used. Please note that we do not have the possibility to accept larger pieces of luggage.
For good hand hygiene:
- At the information and sales desks, we have installed droplet protection
- We have installed permanent automatic hand sanitizers for our visitors to use.
- There are WCs on the lower ground floor and Top floors where you can wash your hands with soap and water.
To avoid unnecessary contact surfaces:
- All doors that can be propped open will be propped open.
- We will not be renting out/lending any audio guides – instead you can download the Nationalmuseum visitor guide app on your own smartphone.
- It is possible to borrow a baby stroller/pram. We have introduced a procedure for wiping after usage.
- We do not have any baby carriers to lend.
For even more thorough cleaning:
- We have introduced extra cleaning procedures.
- We have put procedures in place for disinfection of contact surfaces.
Venues for eating and drinking
- The restaurant is open, and so that congestion does not arise the number of seats has been reduced.
- The “Picnic Area,” the packed-lunch eating room on the lower ground floor, is closed until further notice.