Purchase your ticket online or on site at the museum. Nationalmuseum applies payment by card or swish only. Free admission for visitors under 20.
Are you planning to visit the museum? Please take a look at the rules for what you can bring into the museum, which have been changed for safety reasons.
- It is still free admission for all to the entrance floor, including the restaurant, the shop, the studios, The Sculpture Courtyard and the Sousth Courtyard. Free admission to the entire museum for visitors under 20.
- Visiting the museum more often than twice in a year? Then it pays to buy an annual card.
The entrance ticket covers all exhibitions and collection displays and is valid for one day. You will need an entrance ticket even if you are entitled to free admission (see below).
Buy or book your ticket in advance online, or on site at the museum.
Adults: 150 kr
Last 90 minutes before closure: 100 kr
Free for visitors under 20.
With the annual card, you can visit the museum as often as you like, without paying for more than the equivalent of 2,5 visits. You get access to the collections and all temporary exhibitions at Nationalmuseum and also free entry to Gustavsberg's Porcelain Museum. You also get a 10% discount on food and drinks (non-alcoholic drinks) in the Nationalmuseum Restaurant and a 10% discount in the Nationalmuseum's shops (excl. online shops and jewelery from the Torun Collection). The card is valid for 365 days from the date you choose.
Adults*: SEK 400
Students**: SEK 200
Youth under 26 years*: SEK 200
*) The annual card is personal and must be presented together with identification at each visit.
**) Valid student identification must be presented in the museum at each visit. (Studentkortet, Mecenat, ISIC)Buy the Annual Card.
Please show evidence entitling to free admission at the cashiers.
- Free admission for visitors under 20
- Free admission for members of the Friends of Nationalmuseum
- Free admission for holders of the Nationalmuseum annual card.
- Free admission for members of the press with a press card or AICA’s membership card.
- Free admission, others: GoCity All Inclusive-Pass, ICOM, ICOMOS, SMI, employees at the Central Museums, the press, personal assistants, asylum seekers holding the LMA card issued by the Swedish Migration Agency, authorised guides, tour guides and/together with chauffeurs, Key of Honour - issued by the City of Stockholm, Members of the Royal Acadamy of Fine Arts and teachers (preschool, compulsary school and upper secondary education only) together with a group of pupils.
You will recieve an entrance tag at the box office when you buy a ticket, show your pre-purchased ticket or your annual card. When you wear it our staff can easily see that you have a valid ticket.
Tickets to Villa Curiosa
Villa Curiosa is a wonderous exhibition for kids. Admission to the exhibition during fixed time slots (see below), only on presentation of a ticket. Tickets can be picked up in the entrance hall at the information desk. Tickets can be picked up for later time slot on the same day as the visit, but not for other days.
Talks, tours and other activities
It is free admission to many of our activities, but for some an entrance ticket is needed. See what applies to each event on the respective web page.